Thursday, December 21, 2006

A Wiki War & a Statement by Patrizia Norelli-Bachelet Regarding Her 'Detractors'

Lori Tompkins

In early December of 2006 I informed Patrizia Norelli-Bachelet that a Wikipedia biography page regarding her had been deleted, along with several other Wikipedia pages regarding Aeon Center of Cosmology and her published books which I had recently created. In my research into why the pages were terminated and why mention of Ms. Norelli-Bachelet’s work was continually deleted from the pages where she should be objectively mentioned as a significant and controversial contributor and author on matters concerning Sri Aurobindo, the Mother, the Matrimandir, Integral Yoga, etc., I came to find that M. Alan Kazlev, a member of the Auroconference group (hostile to Ms. Norelli-Bachelet and her work), was responsible for much of the dismissive, image-distorting and reality-distorting page ‘discussions’ with regard to Ms. Norelli-Bachelet.

I sent the following Wikipedia ‘discussion’ comment by Kazlev, regarding a deletion he made in 2005 to the Matrimandir page, to Ms. Norelli-Bachelet:

‘Ms Norelli-Bachelet has also made rather extreme claims about her own spiritual attainment (that she is an avatar equal to Sri Aurobidno and the Mother that (with only one exception on auroconf) no-one takes seriously.’ – M Alan Kazlev 8 July 2005 14:46 (UTC)

Ms. Norelli-Bachelet (who published many of her first books at the Sri Aurobindo Ashram presses in the 1970s and who is taken seriously enough by the Sri Aurobindo Ashram that her written work is collected in their Archives in one place under her name) made the following comment on December 3rd regarding the persistent misrepresentation of her ‘claims’:

‘My detractors - those in Auroconference or Auroville or connected to Auroville, and now surfacing in Wikipedia strongly - are constantly spreading the idea abroad that I am seeking to establish myself either in the Mother's place, or else taking over the Ashram, or proclaiming myself an Avatar 'equal to Sri Aurobindo and the Mother'.

This is truly slanderous because at no place in any of my published works, or letters, do I promote myself in this way. I have consistently stated that I HAVE MY OWN PLACE, I do not need to 'take over the Mother's'. As the Third, what would be the point? It would be totally inconsistent with the new cosmology that I have formulated. This charge reveals that those who make them have never studied anything I have written. In all my published works I do nothing more than record research - true it is of a YOGIC order, but they are basically compilations, legitimate RECORDS OF YOGA, just like any scientist would do. They are not written to promote myself or to gain followers.

Paulette of Auroville sought to add significant weight to this slander by stating that I had to leave the Ashram because my spiritual claims were rejected. I exposed this falsehood through [‘The Day of the White Peacock’]. (see http://www.matacom.com/Template2.htm)

As for the Avatar business, I use the term Solar Line to describe the components of this new cosmology. I am the third in that Line. This is the terminology I prefer to use.’

Kazlev has repeated the misrepresentation of Ms. Norelli-Bachelet’s 'claims' in his website (http://www.Kheper.net). His summary of her ‘influence and present status’ (as of 15 December 2006) includes: ‘Inflated claims to be an avatar equal to Sri Aurobindo and the Mother.’ Elsewhere he writes, ‘This is the woman who would later claim to be the successor of, and more than that, the avataric equal of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother ...’

Kazlev's interpretation of Ms. Norelli-Bachelet’s claims reflects his own 'understanding' of the situation and his own bias (and the 'understanding'/bias of those concerned, negatively or positively with Ms. Norelli-Bachelet's yoga) rather than the truth of the situation. The truth of the situation (as I have found out in the course of my own misuse of the ‘avatar’ word) is that Ms. Norelli-Bachelet does not promote herself as an 'avatar equal to Sri Aurobindo and the Mother'. Evidence to the contrary is requested of Kazlev, and lack thereof will hopefully persuade him to dis-continue publicizing his biased and truth-distorting commentary about Ms. Norelli-Bachelet’s 'claims'.

2 comments:

Lori Tompkins said...

In recent discussions with Alan Kazlev, I found out that despite his dimissals and deletions of Ms. Norelli-Bachelet in various Wiki pages concerning the Integral Yoga of Sri Aurobindo, the Mother, the Matrimandir, etc., he was the original creator of Ms. Norelli-Bachelet's Wiki biography page and at some point attempted to create a Wiki Category for various pages concerning her work. He told me he would support me in re-establishing the PNB biography page but would 'shed no tears' if I did not pursue the matter.

While remaining firm in his negative assessments of Ms. Norelli-Bachelet (as expressed in comments made this past year on Wikipedia, Auroconf and his website), Kazlev has been somewhat open and willing to rectify his online misrepresentations of her work, which have been based on either heresay or opinion gathered from his contact with either PNB hostiles or a few PNB students.

He continues to find no connection with and no value/truth in the Knowledge content of Ms. Norelli-Bachelet's work.

Lori Tompkins said...

The following comment was sent from Alan Kazlev:

Dear Lori,

A friend drew my attention to your recent post on your PNB controversies blog. Having read PNB's words on this matter (which
you quoted there) I have removed the offending incorrect material from my website. I have also included a link to your blog on my PNB page. If you notice any other incorrect material on my site regarding PNB, please notify me so I can correct it.

regards
mak [M. Alan Kazlev]